Wednesday, February 7, 2007

Mr. Morano (Hey, you said it!)

After finishing Romano's book, I found a lot of similarities between his idea of multigenre papers and the class I facilitated during Crosswinds Intersession. Without really realizing it, the lesson Joe, Eugene, and I drew up incorporated bringing in and listening to music, drawing, and writing a poem/story about the two to make one conglomerate final product. Not that I am an expert in multigenre, but I think the way Romano lays it out seems to suggest that multigenre paper needs to have a ton of different elements to be considered a multigenre paper. For us, we found that three elements to be fitting for our middle schoolers and the limited time we had to facilitate the lesson.
Other than that, I found Romano to have many great writing idea's for the Creative Writing class I will be teaching at South. In particular, the photograph poem idea rocks, and his suggestion regarding prose fiction was what I needed to hear. That whole chapter gave me a lot of direction because my cooperating teacher told me "Okay, I'll take poetry, you can do whatever else you want with the Creative Writing class." This was cool and everything, but overwhelming. Romano grounded me a bit and gave me some great ideas. All in all, Mr. Romano was worth reading (and buying).

My post for this week is an open invitation to my "Your Musical Image" lesson plan we did during Crosswinds Intersession. Just respond to my blog and I'll e-mail you our multigenre lesson plan like that! I think we should all be sharing our lesson plans to build up our lesson plan arsenal. See you in class. Holla back!

No comments: